Advertising Director - Hyannis, MA
Cape Cod Media Group is looking for an Advertising Director to lead advertising sales strategy
implementation that focuses on all newspaper, magazine and online display advertising sales.
The Advertising Director leads a team of approximately 40 advertising professionals to achieve
revenue goals and performance benchmarks through consultative selling, value-based sales.
The Ad Director keeps current with business trends, competition, and changing advertiser
needs in order to effectively set product and pricing strategy. The Ad Director is charged with
creating a culture of teamwork, high-performance, excellence and integrity around an
unbending customer focus.
• Meet revenue objectives, maximize profit in all products and initiatives and develop new revenue streams.
• Set sales goals that align with company budgets and goals and coach and direct sales managers
to achieve company goals.
• Ensure a smart prospecting/leads program is in place and prepare accurate monthly revenue
and lineage forecasts. Set rates for advertising; negotiate with key customers.
• Develop and execute strong action plans; prepare annual revenue and expense budgets.
• Recruit, develop and retain the best available staff in the area. Continually train staff on sales techniques,
product and competitor knowledge. Maintain effective communication with other departments.
• Regularly track sales rep activity and results, coaching and directing to success.
• Direct staff in use of all tools such as databases, market research, presentation tools, training programs, CRM, etc.
• Develop special sections calendar annually with Editorial dept.
• Work effectively as a team member and exalt the values of teamwork.
• Exemplify superior internal and external customer service at all times.
• Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum 5 years sales management experience.
• Top Advertising Executive experience preferred; proven leadership ability imperative.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including skills with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
• Ability to create and implement new products and services.
• Proficient in budgeting and forecasting required.
• Ability to travel to visit advertisers when necessary and attend industry and company seminars.
Interested Candidates should apply to: Human Resources Department,
Cape Cod Media Group, Stacia Plumb, email@example.com